what we do
What to Expect in a Learning To Be Class
- Develop self-compassion practices to motivate oneself with encouragement rather than self-criticism
- Manage difficult situations with greater acceptance and less emotional pain
- Respond to feelings of failure or inadequacy with self-kindness
- Understand differences between self-compassion and self-esteem
- Clarify one's own core values and learn how to use them to guide decision-making
- Deal with difficult relationships with strength, resilience, and kindness
- Learn how gratitude and taking time to appreciate oneself leads to greater contentment and joy
- Apply core mindfulness and self-compassion practices into daily life
Join us for 30-minute online guided meditation. We have weekly, free, drop-in meditations. Drop-in sessions are live online meditations designed to support your current practice OR for a curious novice who has never tried meditation.
Tuesdays @ 7:30 am PST
Wednesdays @ 8:00 pm PST
- Taught on Zoom
- 30 minutes
- No Cost - FREE
Learning to Be
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is an experienced-based 8-week course designed to cultivate the skill of self-compassion. It is for anyone interested in developing the resource of self-compassion.
9/26/2023 - 11/14/2023
9 am - 11:15 am PST
- Taught in a weekly live virtual meeting
- It is an 8-week, online program
- 2.15 hours per week
- Cost $425
TEAM BUILDING WORKSHOPS
Learning to Be a Mindful Team Member
This workshop will provide team members with resources and knowledge from the Mindful Self-Compassion material. These resources can increases innovation, greater focus, improved productivity, and widespread compassion to the workplace and beyond.
- COMING SOON!
- Taught in a zoom meeting.
- 90 minute session.
- Cost $50 per team member
Learning to Be Mindful and Compassionate Workshop
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is an experienced-based intensive 2-day course designed to cultivate the skill of self-compassion. It is for anyone interested in developing the resource of self-compassion.
- COMING SOON!
- Experience some of the key practices and exercises of the full MSC course in an intensive 2-day format.
3 Day Retreat full of meditations, art, outdoor adventure, nourishing meals & relaxation. Restore, renew and refresh yourself.
September 28th - October 1st 2023
There are other options than falling in line with
expectations and going through the motions.
I am empathetic to the struggle I see so many other women going through. For years I was driven by duty and expectation. I didn't listen to myself. It was hard to feel like I was me. I was doing the things but felt totally unfulfilled and great sadness.
When my family moved to China for 7 years, I experienced balance. I had a lot of help at home; I ran a business in my own space with my custom jewelry. I was living an adventure! We moved back to the United States, and everything went away; my help, my creative outlet, my free time. My schedule was completely tied up with kids. I fell apart, struggling with my mental health. I felt absolutely miserable.
At that point, I began looking for tools. My life became a long journey of self-discovery and figuring out a different way to manage my mental health.
Through learning about and practicing Mindful Self-Compassion, I have gained tools that I wasn't naturally born with; I had to learn them. I enjoyed a better understanding of myself, for starters, including being more compassionate and understanding for my struggles. I began not shoving my own needs aside and started making time to do things that provided self-fulfillment. I replaced the feeling of selfishness when I took care of my own needs to enjoy a sense of satisfaction.
I want people to know there is another way. There are other options than falling in line with expectations and going through the motions. I want people to know that you can practice tools to relieve the suffering that you create in your mind.
-Jodi Bean, Learning To Be Owner and Guide
21201 Northeast 50th St.
Redmond, WA 98053